Monday, October 13, 2008

Importance of Career and Technical Education

Career and technical education has played a very important role throughout the past year and a half of my life. It has shown me, not only the importance of knowing what field a person is interested in, but the importance of having the training needed in that person’s field of interest. Without the help of this education, it is possible that many of my peers would currently be undecided in relation to a future career. Career and technical education is very helpful in teaching skills and expanding the knowledge of a variety of students. It also seems to help these students decide what type of career they may enjoy later on down the road.



Schools such as Live Oaks Career Development Campus encourage students to set high goals and stick with them. They teach students why it is important to set these goals, and attempt to put these students on a path heading toward success. I feel that schools such as Live Oaks have opened the eyes of students to passions never expected by these students; myself included. Without the help of Live Oaks, I would have never found the talent to draw, and would have never expanded this skill. Basically Live Oaks Career Development Campus has paved a path for many students. The only thing left to do is walk the path of success.



Career and technical educational schools such as Live Oaks offer many opportunities such as early placement, and financial aid for college, which no other school that I have attended in the past has offered. These schools seem to be all about the futures of their students. Their curriculum is almost identical to that of a Blue Ribbon School District, and they stress the importance of good grades and working hard at every challenge students may face. I feel that career and technical education has been my steppingstone to a great future in a career that interests me.

No comments: