Monday, October 13, 2008

My interview experience


I have attended three interviews for a job along my life. My first interview was held at Audit Firm in Kuantan. I not feel nervous anymore. Maybe because my parents were beside me so I feel confident. They sent me to the company and wait until I finished my interview. When I entered the waiting room I saw about 15 girls also waiting for interview. My turn was the 2nd last. Ah…so bored to wait so long. While waiting for my turn I chat with them. Most of them were have diploma in account like me too. A few of them have experience in that field. But most of them don’t have experience in that field, they just finish their study. I also don’t have any experience in that field. Actually I was called for the interview after I registered myself in elx.gov.my. Have you open this web? It is very useful for us to find job. You just need to find which company you like and send your resume. There are so many company in that web.
We continue my story..then it was my turn. I knocked the door and entered the room. My heart start beating but I try to act confident. They are 5 men in front of me. I feel quit shock because they are too many. As I know usually only 2 or 3 interviewer will interview us right? It doesn’t matter la…
I sit after they ask to do so. And I give my smile to them. First they ask about myself. So I explain about myself, my study, and so on. I give my file of certificates to them. Each of them see my certificates and ask me many questions. Alhamdulillah I can answer all the question. And they look satisfied with my answer. They said my result is good and they satisfied with my involvement during study. One of them look very stern. He ask me one question about tax. Luckly, I give the right answer. After a bit long, I feel pleasant because they treat me warmly including the stern man. He also make a joke. A few question that they ask me are : how much salary I want, did I will accept any offer from other company, why I want to work there? How to manage with client?
After a few days I got a call from the company. They ask me to come. I was accepted to work there. I feel so happy. But my happiness was not long. Suddenly, my mother decide to not allow me to go. She worried that I will be alone there. We don’t have any relatives there. I also don’t have friends there. I feel very disappointed with my mum. I cry in my room. I not talk to her for a few days. But I feel guilty to do so to her. Then I believe there are hikmah behind the event righ?
My 2nd interview at Ranhill Sdn Bhd, J.B. I send my resume by post to this company and they call me for interview. Actually my friend work there and she told me about the vacancy. This time only 3 interviewer. I do wrong in this interview session, when I told them my dream was to be a teacher. My advice to you, while attended interview you must know about the company and give answer that show that you are really ready to work there. The result, I failed in the interview.
My 3rd interview also at JB. After failed the interview I decide to find any job vacancies in J.B. Actually I don’t send any resume I just entered the shop and ask the cashier is it any job vacancy? Then she ask me to fill the form and see her boss.It was one of the big book company in JB, Perdana Marketways. The interview session was very simple. The boss was interview me and ask simple question. Actually he really needed worker in marketing. So, I started work on that day. After a week, I was sent to Melaka with my senior. The job not related with my diploma. But I just go on with that job to get an experience. I have to go all school, ipta, or any department in Melaka to get book sales. It so tiring. And it was not easy to get sale. After 6 month I get offered from UIA. So I quit from the job and come here.

No comments: