Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just to share...

Salam,
I'm just want to share with all of you....From my own experience in my secondary school, my schools counselor didn’t give proper guidance to us about the career information. In schools, my friends and I being forced by schools to enter science stream class when we are in Form 4 without being showed with educational options that we all have. In my opinion, my schools counselor didn’t play good roles in guiding the students exploring interest and personality as what i'm learning now in my counseling course. What we just know, they are streaming us by referring to our grade in PMR results. I think that’s not true actions because academic qualification or grade is not the main referral for schools to streaming the students. They should identify student interest first and analyzed whether the student are capable or not to do that course. It is very important to know the result because to fit the student with the thing that they capable to do is quite important so that the students will not facing any problems in the future. During my study time, I’m having some problems whereby I can’t cope with the science subject because I’m not interested in science field. My ambition since primary school is actually to be teacher and I didn’t expect that I will be in the sciences field. I still continue it after get some advice from friends and also my family. But after I’m finished my study at secondary schools, I get an offers to do HND program in Business. I grab the opportunities although I didn’t get the education program because of my sciences result in SPM are not excellent. At first, I’m very frustrated with that but I’m thinking that’s maybe my destiny for this journey. But alhamdulillah, now I’m being in Education program after striving for almost 4 years to enter to this program. What I really hope, hopefully there will no students will be like us in the future so that there will no people doing the jobs that they are not interested. As future school counselor, I will try the best to give proper guidance in career planning and development to my students so that they will know what they want and they will get what they strive.

No comments: