Thursday, October 16, 2008

Salam.The important of the counselors' roles in career development

If we want to be a great counselor in this planet earth,the counselors must make their students know themselves.Means,the counselors should find what are the interest of their students if the students have no mission in lives.I have one story that similar with Dr Siraje.One of my junior was a very intelligent student and got straight A’s in her SPM in 2005.But the problem was she do not know which specialization she want to further her study and even she don’t know what was her interest!!!.She said to my school counselor that she only concentrate at her study and study hard as what her parents wanted her to success in her examination.Means,she wanted to satisfy her parents’ need.Actually,her father is a science teacher in my school.My counselors was disappointed with her because she was the best student at that school but could not become a role model for her juniors because she has no mission in life.Then the counselor give counseling service to her and recently,I heard she is studying abroad and the counselor has done a very good job.

No comments: