Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sharing a life story....

Salam,

I would like to share my working experience to all of you. As for your information, before I enter to this IIUM, there are long and exciting journeys that I had already face and gone through. I have a HND qualification in Business (Marketing) and before I enter to this field in counseling, I have been working with Petronas Fertilizer Kedah Sdn Bhd which is one of company under Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS). I have been working there for almost 7 month. Before that, I ‘m doing my practical there and I apply for the job placement before I finish my practical period at that place. Alhamdullilah, I was called for an interview and during my interview, my supervisor is one of the interviewers and I’m feeling very comfortable to give reaction and cooperation in this interview. At first they ask me about what my specialization, my interest, how I want to promote myself to that organization and why should they accept me as an employee. I try my best to answer that questions and alhamdulillah, I pass the interview. I have been offered a job position in Business Performance Improvement Section in Organizational Performance Improvement Department as Event Management. I’m enjoy with my job there, with a lot of experiences, meeting with many people around and throughout that working time, I gain many experiences and learn many beneficial skill that has helped much in building my personality now. One of that is my communication skill, before I involve in working environment, I didn’t have much exposure in dealing with people. When I work under PFK, I tend to learn the skill in order easy for me to deal with other people from my own boss. He is very friendly person and he’s quite knowledgeable. I’m quite impressed with him.

That’s job is very interesting but sometimes it needs my full energy and my fully focus to deliver the best to the organization. Sometimes, I always think, how I’m going to be when I had married in the future. Of course I cannot give my fully attention to my family because this job required me to go for an outstation and need my time until late night. Although I think in that way, I’m still enjoying my working life there until I got an offer to further my study in doing degree; I seek an opinion from my boss. He asks me to further my study to the degree level. i took his opinions as well in making my own decision. Actually i also had ever shared my interest in teaching with my seniors there including my boss. he also has ever asks to me whether teaching is my main interest. He just say that just do what you love, you will get satisfaction in that. That’s the word I still kept bear in mind until forever. By thinking to that, I leave my job that is very high paid salaries without thinking twice because I confirmed with my self. I want to be a teacher or school counselor, to give my services to people who needed and help my nation to achieve higher education in their life.
So, my advices to all my friends, whatever you want to do in your life, just do..don't think about money...as dr siraje say...do what you love, money will come later....although we gain a lot of money but without satisfaction in what we do, we will not get anythings actually......
tq

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's good to here such an experience. I would be complete my internship period at PFK at the end of this November. It would be glad if you might share the job scope and more experience about PFK. Tq =)