Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'M CONFUSED!!!

Salam to all…I just want to reflect about “self concept”. From my understanding, each person has their own self-concept because we are unique. that we are different and our self-concept also different. Based on our previous class, Dr said that self-concept can determine by three things. Firstly what people say to you about yourself. Second, our objective accomplishment and lastly what you tell about yourself. Actually I want you to help me that I quite confused is that our self concept is determine by three of this or only one. Meaning that for example, Mira thinks his self-concept is more determine by what people say about herself. So her self-concept is based on opinion of people about herself? Is that like that? Please help me!!!TQ

2 comments:

Nor Hasrina binti Mohamad @ Sulaiman said...

dear sis nurbaya,
self -concept is not determine by what people say about yourpersonality, attitude and so on. its not that. for me, you can hear others opinions about yourself but you still need to analyze and do some judgement about their ideas about you. some might be accurate and some might be only for make you become worse. so we need to think wisely :-) TQ

Cikgu Aisyah said...

Salam.Siti,all your points are right.I think you only need this clarification.All people have their own self-concept and their self-concept are made by what people say to you about yourself.Such as you friend said you are shy.The second is your objective accomplishment.Such as what objective accomplishment that you have already achieved and last is what you tell about yourself.Such as you think that you are friendly.Siti,let me relate these point with my situation.For example,a long time ago my self-concept is I think that I am a shy person.What makes me strong believe that I am a shy after most of my friends said that I am a shy girl.Then,I also did not done nothing to make changes.So I didnot have certain objective accomplishment.So I strongly believe that I am a shy person.Then I also told to myself that I am a shy.But,suddently I realize that we are capable to change our self concept.Then I realize that I am not a shy person by keep telling to myself that I am not shy.And the result is (emm,I am sure you know,right?).Alhamdulillah that I am not extremly shy like before.Wassalam.