Friday, August 8, 2008

::REFLECTION::

Salam to everyone..

Regarding to Raffeza Sanadi's question, I want to give my opinion based on my experience as a student, who has the 'great' opportunity to study at the school which is situated in the rural area.. Actually, the situation was not very bad where all primary and secondary school were equipped with the facilities including the internet access during I study there and nowadays, the situation might be better than what I have undergo before. Meaning that, there supposed no problem when it comes to seek a lot of information about CARRER. But, the real problem of rural area students which is the great barriers for us to move on is, the mentality and perception of the people around us-teachers,counselor,etc..

Although the internet access was there, we are not allowed to use it because they said, once we surfing the internet meaning that we wasting the time to entertainment-It shows the limitation in their mind!! It is because they might think that the scope of seeking knowledge is within the classroom only. In addition, may be that was one of the way for them in order to save the teenagers from being expose and influence to the bad thing.But, for me, that way is ABSOLUTELY WRONG..

As I mentioned before, although my school has the counseling unit but, it works more at advising the students who involved in the discipline problem. I only go there once in my lifetime to asking the advantage of form six and because of that counselor is like not interested to give the information, I make the decision to further the study in IIUM Matriculation Centre (currently known as CENFOS).Alhamdulillah, I took the right decision although the decision that I make is like the 'blind people without the stick' and I only refer to the internet.

That is why most of us at that time had the initiative to go to the cc (cyber cafe) in order to surf the internet if we want to get the information about the career. Not only that,my family provide the internet acces in my home (I owe a lot to my family) and it takes time to get the internet access through the phone line..Don't we realize that,just because of the perception of the other people, it can give the huge and bad impact to the rest? Pointing finger to the one side is not fair but, in this situation if the administrator of the school is not play the role,of course the function of the school as a agent of distributing the knowledge and skills is not works.-Thank you for reading my opinion & experience! (^_^)

No comments: