Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MUM, WHY THERE ARE SO MUCH BUBBLES INSIDE THE BREAD?

When Super talked about curiosity as one of elements for the career development of children, I’m do asking myself, do I one of person who curious enough when I’m still child about 10 to 17 years ago? Yes, I am. Super said that curiosity is the basic drive in children, so do I. but I still remember that while I still child, my brothers and sisters, also my parents sometimes scolded me because of too many questions that I’m asking so many questions about new things or new knowledge that I found that I not understand. One of the questions that I can’t forget when I asking my mum while I’m child, “Mum, why there are so much bubbles (small empty holes) inside the bread?” then my mum said with anger “just eat! If you are not eating it, then the bubbles will come out.” I still remember it. Then, after been scolded, I ate the bread but started felt sad, sulk, and segregating myself from others and thought that my habit to ask so many questions is wrong act and felt that I’m not suppose to do. They always scolded me when I’m started asking them the third or fourth question on the same things for further and deeper. But, after my mood be well, I still do it again and being scolded by them. Hehe…

If I relate my experience to the Super notion of curiosity, I find that it normal when I’m child to ask so many questions for the new things or knowledge that I begin to know, that prove that I am the normal child who curious and that curiosity imply that I’m in process gathering the information of my career development. How fantastic rite?

So, for those who have younger brothers or sisters who have this habits of asking so many questions, let them be!! We need to bear in mind that it a part of process for them to know more and more information about the world generally and for develop their career development in the future specifically! In my opinion, if we cut or burn out child spirit while they are flaming up to know all things around them so many time, it can effect their inner values then they know longer interesting to know all the new things and then hinder the normal process of children mind development. For my family, I accept for their anger when I child for my asking habit : -). They do not know about the super’s notion.hehe. if they do, may be they are not do it. So, how about you? Do you curious enough when you are child?

TQ:-)

1 comment:

siti nurbaya said...

salam.I just want to share my experience with u...Actually my youngest sister is very curious girl.Now her age is 8 years old.Until now she is very curious person.I still remember at that time her age is 6 years old.She ask me "Why we only have one GOD?"Can you imagine young girl like her can ask question like tHAT?When she ask me,I do not know how to answer it...huhu.I just keep quite and ignore it...