Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Salam.Please help me...

Regarding to what we have discussed in last class, Dr Siraje said that yes, we are change but our personality will remain the same. Emmm, I agreed with him after he gave example in our class about himself. He said he is shy person and everything is changes until now but he still feel that there are something in himself that remain the same although he don’t know what. I also want to relate my personal experience with all my friends. Actually I also a extremely shy girl. When I was in primary school, I don’t be friend with my male classmates. For your information, there are only 14 students in my class and consist of 10 boys and 4 girls. I do speak with them, but rarely because of shy. Even when my teacher wants all students submit our homework in front of class, I couldn’t do it .I felt shy to walk in front the class. I still remember when my teacher wanted us to memorize a very simple English song and sang on the stage in front of my classmate and 3 of my teachers. Yes, I could memorize the song, but when the time which was my turn to deliver my song, I couldn’t open my mouth. My mouth seems like locked off. Then my friend ceasing on me. I felt so sad at that time. After a few weeks, my Malay Language teacher asked us to give a speech on the stage in front of all students from standard one to standard six. That was speech competition and all standard six students are compulsory to enter the competition. Then I memorize my speech’s text. The title of my speech was “The benefit of reading”. You all know, what make me shocked and realized at that time when one of my classmate said that she already knew that I will not deliver my speech and I will be the loser in the competition. After heard all she said, I promise to myself that I could deliver my speech on the day of competition. When was my turn to give my speech, I go to the stage. Although it was hard to do, I have tried my best. Then I delivered my speech with appropriate body language. At that time, I could see all my teachers and my friends were so shocked!!!. I also didn’t belief that I could open my mouth and delivered my speech until the end. When my teacher announce the 1st ,2nd and 3rd winners, once again I couldn’t believe that I not got 3rd or 2nd place, but I got the 1st place!!!, Alhamdulillah. When my friends asked the teacher why I got the 1st place, then my teacher easily replied that I deserved to get it. At that time, I realize that I have my strength but I didn’t realize it. Then I keep changing myself until now and even though I feel that I am changing but I can feel that I’m still myself before. I could enter in many competitions in my secondary school, even I didn’t win in all competition, but I felt satisfied because I already challenged myself. The problem now is even I can speak in front of class, but I still feel shy to male students. I’m wondering myself how I could become a good counselor if I couldn’t eliminate my weakness(shy towards men).Yes, I have some male friends who are closed to me…and I can interact with them without shy. But if I want to create a new friendship relationship with new people who are men, it is hard to me. Actually, I am a friendly person. I can be friend to new person easily but only for female. So, WHO CAN HELP ME TO SETTLE MY PROBLEM?. Please give suggestion to me about how to overcome my problem???.

1 comment:

Nor Hasrina binti Mohamad @ Sulaiman said...

Salam sis,
actually woman is naturally shy. i understand ur problem. to overcome the syhness is not that easy. i also have that experience too, you know how i overcomeit? by involving actively with clubs and society that make me an important person and with the important post in the society or clubs will urge us to deal with many kinds of people and make many friends. that the way that i can advise u to overcome you syhness.TQ