Tuesday, August 12, 2008

matriculation or stpm

This issue might be a normal thing for all SPM leavers who will be in dilemma situation whether to further their study in matriculation or STPM. For me, both have their own advantages and disadvantages. However, both are still in the same objective of seeking a knowledge. I still remember the time I was the SPM student, my aim is I want to get the good results for my SPM and I want to go to matriculation. The reason why I choose matric is because I dont want to wear a school uniform anymore. It sounds weird but it does not means that I dont want to go to school. I just cannot wait to experienced the university environment. Alhamdulillah, luckily, I got an offered to further my study at CENFOS IIUM and Matriculation Labuan.
I choose to enter CENFOS IIUM after analyze all the advantages and got some advised from my family. Alhamdulillah, I enjoyed my study here and I can see who am I in the next ten years. In short, matric is just like a short cut to enter university. However, if we can see, mostly STPM students will study hard because they know thay have to get the best result to enter university because they will compete with other matric"s students who are guarantee to enter uni. Some people also make a stereotype towards STPM students because mostly the students who get less A's in SPM will further their study in STPM...some might think they are not good enough. I am disagree with this statement since mostly in my school, the Form 6 students are Chinese who are not given an opportunity to entered IPTA although they get the best result. We sholud not look down at those STPM students because their examinations were more though and difficult than in the matric. That is only my own view and i'm sorry if some of you might disagree with me. The most important thing is, no matter wherever and whatever we are studying, all of us are doing the right thing with the same aim: seeking a knowledge.

2 comments:

zaitun badal said...

im also agree with you fadillah ... both is great... both of them have disadvantge and advantage....
so, whereever you be, just concentrate to what you want to be

Nor Hasrina binti Mohamad @ Sulaiman said...

hai....
for me i like the key word from Gestalt think about "Here and Now"..what ever your background (SPM/STPM?DIPLOMMA etc), the most important is what you do here in IIUM and now what your efforts you have done towards achieving the next target in your life!!:-)